Over 100 chefs, restaurants, food trucks, brew masters, distillers, and culinary experts from all over NYC shower you with an unlimited supply of inspired bite-sized bacon dishes and the best in craft beers and spirits at this indoor/outdoor gourmet celebration of the most amazing food item ever created – bacon!
When is The Great Big Bacon Picnic?
We are featuring three different sessions:
• Saturday 9/24 Brunch 12:00pm – 2:30pm with VIP access from 11:00am
• Saturday 9/24 Happy Hour 5:30pm – 8:00pm with VIP access from 4:30pm
• Sunday 9/25 Brunch 1:00pm – 3:30pm with VIP access from 12:00pm
Where’s the Picnic?
We chose the incredibly vibrant neighborhood of Williamsburg, Brooklyn and set up at The Old Pfizer Factory – 630 Flushing Avenue and it’s spacious parking lot to host this event. It’s a very short cab ride from Manhattan (just over the Williamsburg Bridge), 2 blocks away from the J or M trains, and the G train is right on the corner (Union Sq. L train to Lorimer, transfer to G is only 16 mins). If you are driving – VIP parking will be at the Pfizer building, there’s ample street parking, and there’s a lot at Throop Ave between Ellery & Hopkins Streets a block away.
What does my ticket get me?
A General Admission ticket will get you all of the following:
• Unlimited Bacon – more than you could ever eat!
• Dozens and dozens of the best chefs in our area making bacon-filled delicacies just for you. (62 delicious options last year!)
• PLUS, our famed Bacon Bar, with piles of the luscious stuff in its pure form to be visited again and again! (9 different flavors to choose from this year!)
…AND the finest in Local Top-Shelf Spirits & Craft Beers strewn all over the festival grounds (34 amazing varieties last year!).
• Once you enter, you don’t have to spend a dollar – all the food & drink samples you want are included with your ticket purchase
Early Entry tickets will get you all of the above, plus:
• Get in 30 minutes before the masses.
• Enjoy private bars and seating areas, exclusive tastings, and full pour privileges, both indoors and outside.
VIP ticket holders will get you all of the above, plus:
• Enter a full hour before General Admission to avoid all lines
• Receive access to private lounges, private bars, exclusive tastings of ultra rare spirits, specialty cocktails from local star mixologists, & mingle with our chefs.
• Free festival T-shirt, amazing VIP swag bag, and parking are also included!
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Yes – You MUST BE 21 or older with valid ID to attend the event. Sorry, no kids.
(No pets unless it’s a service dog)
Will there be turkey bacon, soy bacon, etc. at the festival?
Hells. No. Though we may certainly see soy bacon at The Great Big Veg Out (coming soon), the influential ingredient in all festival dishes must come from a pig. It can be cured and/or uncured, and can be from any cut from a pig that might be prepared as bacon including Slab Bacon, Back bacon, Collar Bacon, Cottage Bacon, Picnic bacon, Irish Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Pork Belly, Pork loin, Fatback, Lardon, Pancetta, Rashers, Ham Hock, Jowl, Guanciale, and good old Sliced Bacon.
Does the event support a local charity?
Absolutely! 10% of net proceeds will be donated to charities such as City Harvest. We are also strong advocates of the Slow Food movement supporting local suppliers and farmers who focus on sustainable and organic practices.
Will there be Entertainment?
Yesss – Brooklyn’s own High & Mighty Brass Band (Bonnaroo, Gov’s Ball, Crawfish Fest, Wanderlust) will be featured, doing multiple sets and 2nd line parades.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, use the Edit feature on your Eventbrite Tickets page to change name of attendee.
What is the refund policy?
No refunds will be issued. Event is rain or shine, with multiple spaces inside and tents outside.
NOTE: Lineup Subject to Change.